The Well’s retail experience will be the only one of its kind in Toronto—a singular destination for shopping, dining and entertainment. Inspired by highly successful mixed-use developments in Europe, the project brings together the best of the world’s retail experiences. Over 400,000 square feet of fluidly designed space will house a food hall that re-envisions the quick dining experience and an urban market that rivals must-visit eateries around the world.
The Well will create a truly unique culinary world dedicated to food shopping, discovery, learning and tasting. The old-world inspired Food Market will be brimming with fresh local produce, quality meat and seafood and artisan food and beverage. Imagine upscale cookware retailers, a wine and cheese tasting bar or a culinary school where you can hone your craft.
The Well’s Food Hall will transform the traditional food court into an elegant, urban food experience. Here upscale kitchens will offer an exciting array of multicultural food to satiate Toronto foodies whether they want to grab something on the go or stay and linger.
Rich exterior building finishes, impressively designed storefronts and heritage elements such as exposed brick, natural wood ceilings and robust metalwork will characterize The Well’s design.
Illustrations are artist’s concept.
Our vision for this community is that those who come to The Well, whether to shop, work, live or all three, will discover opportunities to connect and engage in ways that are often missing from urban life. The Well captures our energy and creativity and provides us with a new landmark to celebrate.
EDWARD SONSHINE, PRESIDENT & CEO OF RIOCAN REIT
Offering both small and large floorplans, The Well will be able to accommodate a broad range of tenants, from international anchor stores and first-to-market retailers to cutting edge restaurateurs, creating a unique and dynamic leisure experience.Learn more
The retail component of The Well has been designed to seamlessly integrate four levels of leasable space so tenants of varying size will be able to design impressive multi-level premises and foster a competitive edge in the downtown core.Learn more
HIGHLY POPULATED NEIGHBOURHOOD
- There are ~17,000 people within a 500 m radius of The Well, ~48,600 people within a 1 km radius and ~239,100 people within a 3 km radius
- The population density of the area within a 500 m radius of The Well is 21,700 people per km2, approximately 4.8x the population density of the City of Toronto
HEALTHY AND GROWING HOUSEHOLD INCOME
- The average household income of the surrounding area of The Well is $98,048 and in line with the City of Toronto average
- By 2026, the average household income of the area surrounding The Well is forecast to surpass that of the City of Toronto
MORE THAN 70,000 PEOPLE PER DAY
- The 510 Spadina streetcar and the 509 Harbourfront collectively transport ~55,550 people per business day
- A total of ~22,600 cars and ~7,100 pedestrians pass through the intersection of Spadina Avenue and Front Street West during an 8 hour period
The Well is committed to sustainability practices and will be collaborating with tenants to facilitate a variety of energy conservation needs.
A striking multi-level design makes The Well a truly unprecedented retail development in Toronto. Brick, beam, steel and glass elements pay homage to the surrounding King West and Queen West neighbourhoods, while a landmark glass canopy connects the retail space, providing shelter while maintaining an open-air outdoor ambiance.